Come on this Golden Horn Tour and experience the Eyüp Sultan Mosque and tomb, Miniatürk and ride in cable cars up the hill to Pierre Loti Coffee House and enjoy the view of the Golden Horn.
Visit one of the world's most sacred sites after Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem, The Eyüp Sultan Mosque and tomb. Everyday thousands of people visit the mosque. Eyüp-El-Ensari was the companion and standard bearer of the Prophet Muhammad, who died during the Arabic assult in the 7th century. His tomb is ?stanbul's most important Islamic shrine.
After visiting the Eyüp Sultan Mosque, we will ride in a cable car to the Pierre Loti Coffee House, situated on a lush green hill, from which you can enjoy the wonderful panorama view of the Golden Horn. The cable car provides a bird’s eye view of the Golden Horn while climbing to the café - 550 meters up in just 115 seconds. The coffee house is named after the French author and poet, Pierre Loti, who was very fond of Istanbul and wrote as he sat in this coffee house enjoying the view.
Then we will visit Miniatürk, one of the world's largest miniature parks exhibiting scaled models of famous architecture from Istanbul, Anatolia and the former Ottoman territories. The park reflects the revival of Turkish culture and history in all its magnificence, while portraying the lifestyle of the society throughout ages.
The trip also includes a chance for you to experience a colorful shopping center, where you can get your souvenirs from Istanbul.
Duration: 3 hours from 2:00 PM-5:00 PM.
The trip includes the following highlights:
- Eyüp Sultan Mosque and Tomb
- Pierre Loti Coffee House
Included in the ticket price: Transfer from/to centrally located hotels in Istanbul, entrance fees and a knowledgeable guide.
- Shortly after your booking is complete, you will recieve an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you on the tour.
- There is free round trip transfer to/from centrally located hotels near Taksim Sq., Sultanahmet and Aksaray. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your transfer. If you stay at hotels near the airport or at hotels located at the Asian side of Istanbul, then there might be added a pick-up fee, or you will be asked to show up at a tour-start address in central Istanbul. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your pick-up.
- The tour starts at 2 PM, but since you are being picked up at your hotel, we kindly ask you to call our tour operator approx. 24 hours in advance, in order to get you exact pick-up time to avoid waiting in the hotel's lobby. The phone number will clearly be started on the voucher/e-ticket we send you.
- The tour is in English.
- Children's tickets are available from age 3-7. Children between 0-2 years old are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- A minimum of six guests is required to operate this tour.
- The Golden Horn Tour is available on Monday and Thursday afternoons.